En route to Florence, enjoy a private drive through Lazio and the Tuscan countryside.Our first stop this morning will be Siena, without doubt, one of Italy's most enchanting towns. Its medieval centre is full of majestic Gothic buildings such as Palazzo Pubblico in Piazza del Campo, Siena's main square. Twice a year the Sienese celebrate their rich medieval heritage with a horse race called the Palio, which attracts visitors and spectators from around the world.
Spend a few hours exploring the town and perhaps the Duomo. The cathedral's green, pink and white marble exterior is surpassed only by the exquisite black and white marble geometric patterns and the inlaid marble mosaic floor found inside. This was the first European city to ban traffic from its main square in 1966. Sit down and, while sipping a cup of coffee, enjoy the stunning view.
You will then proceed to San Gimignano, Italy s Medieval Manhattan or the city of the belle torri (beautiful towers) rising imperiously above the vineyards of its own wine-growing area. Built as status symbols and defensive outposts, the towers played a significant role in the internecine feuds that eventually led to the town's downfall. Prior to its eventual decline into a sleepy backwater, the town prospered through its position along the main pilgrim route from Northern Europe to Rome. Today it is better known for its tourism, wine production and rich artwork. Piazza del Duomo is a good starting point from which to explore the historical buildings of the town. The Collegiate church, situated at the town's heart, is most famous for its frescoes of outstanding beauty, the greater part of which dating from the 14th century, represent the work of painters of the Sienese school, influenced by the Byzantine traditions of Duccio and the Early Renaissance developments of Giotto.
The southern end of town is the more commercial part of San Gimignano and if you stroll along Via San Giovanni, you will find a concentration of shops selling handicraft such as ceramics and woodcraft, embroidery, leather bags, books and other souvenirs.
Now it is time to drive on to your Florence destination.
This tour is also available starting in Florence and ending in Rome.
- Duomo and Piazza del Campo in Siena
- Piazza del Duomo and Collegiate Church in San Gimignano
- Wine and olive oil tasting, available on request
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle with pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283