Italy boosts a wealth of beautiful countryside and the area surrounding Rome is no exception! Set out for the 'campagna' around Rome with its rolling hills and lush farmlands, dotted with farmhouses, villas and palaces. You will reach lake Albano formed by the fusion of two ancient volcanic craters.
Winding your way up the top of the nearby hill you will stop for a short stroll in the lovely medieval town of Castel Gandolfo, where the popes have had their summer residence for centuries. In fact Castel Gandolfo's Papal Palace and its gardens are actually part of the sovereign Vatican State.
At noon enjoy a typical lunch in a local restaurant with plenty of home-made wine. After lunch, you will head to Rome along the old Appian Way, one of the first ancient Roman military roads. You will be amazed at the sight of the Tomb of Cecilia Metella, mausoleum of a Roman noblewoman, the daughter of a general, who lived during the time of Julius Cesar.
Proceed by the Catacombs, the mysterious underground maze of tunnels hollowed out of volcanic rock, where the first Christians, persecuted by the Romans, had to secretly practice their religion and bury their dead. Drive by the baths of Caracalla, Colosseum and Venice Square before your return to the ship.
If you choose to add to your itinerary the visit of the catacombs, kindly take note that the not included admission fee includes a guided tour with a local guide. They may not be using a microphone that is why we suggest that you stay as close as possible to the guide to better hear what (s)he will be saying.
- Relaxing day in the countryside
- Castel Gandolfo, the catacombs and the Old Appian Way
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience.
We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed. Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283