This tour begins with a drive past some of Athens' most famous sights such as the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the largest in ancient Greece, taking over 700 years to build, the Old Palace and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament where you can witness the changing of the guards.
Next, the tour will take you to the Panathenian Olympic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games were held in 1896. From here, you will continue on to the Plaka, one of the oldest districts of the city. Bordered by the Acropolis to the south and the Ancient Agora to the west, the Plaka was built on top of the residential areas of the ancient town of Athens and seems to have a little of everything from the ancient ruins of a Roman forum, the Greek Agora, and Byzantine influenced churches, to restored 19th century neoclassical homes and modern day stores, boutiques and cafes sprinkled throughout.
This district is home to the New Acropolis Museum and the Greek Folk Art Museum. If you want to go shopping instead you will find Greek souvenirs, clothing as well as jewelry shops. Do not leave unless you have tried the pita-souvlaki or gyro, a popular Greek fast food consisting of small pieces of meat and sometimes vegetables grilled on a skewer.
If you want to sit down and enjoy a leisurely meal, look for where the locals are dining, which is almost never on the major streets, but usually on smaller side streets. Be aware that any time you sit at a cafe in the Plaka, you pay for the experience, and outside seating carries a higher charge than inside seating.
For guests who wish to visit the Acropolis, the admission fee is not included in the price of your tour and the cost is approximately 12 Euro /person to be paid cash. No fast track tickets available. On request, we can hire a licensed guide for approximately 2 hours for 120.00 euros extra. Kindly be advised that guests must be able to walk approximately 1,5 miles over steep inclines, 200 steps and uneven surfaces making this site not accessible to wheelchairs. Depending on the number of visitors, the Acropolis may be closed for security reasons so some waiting time may be involved.
The visit of the Acropolis takes you through the Propylaea, its monumental gate, to the Parthenon, a temple dedicated to the goddess Athena, to the Erechtheon, a site associated with some of the most ancient and holy relics of the Athenians, and the small temple Athena Nike, which stands on a steep bastion, protecting the gate of the citadel. The view from the , you can look down on the Ancient Agora, the Tower of the Winds, Herodes Atticus Theater, and the Theater of Dionysos. At a designated time and place, you will meet your driver and head back to the port.
Kindly take note that the admission fees and guide are not included in the rate.
- The Acropolis
- The Plaka district
- Time at leasure for shopping and lunch in a local restaurant
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Please take note that the Acropolis is not wheelchair accessible.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283