This tour includes all the sights litled in the LIV01 plus a short visit to the historical town of Pisa. On your return from Florence, you will be able to visit the square Campo dei Miracoli where Pisa's 3 stunning monuments are located: the Duomo, the Baptistery, and the Leaning Tower, which is one of the most photographed landmarks in Italy.
Pisa was once a famous sea-trading republic and an archrival of nearby Genoa. In fact, the Cathedral was begun in 1063 to commemorate the Pisans' victory over the Saracens in Sicily that year.The Leaning Tower was originally designed as a bell tower to the Cathedral. It was begun in 1173 and took almost 199 years to build. To this day the name of the architect is a mystery. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was designed as a circular bell tower that would stand 185 feet high. It is constructed of white marble and has eight stories, including the chamber for the bells. There is a 297 step spiral staircase inside the tower leading to the top. The top of the tower is about 17 feet off the vertical. It is also slightly curved from the attempts by various architects to keep it from leaning more or falling over. Many ideas have been suggested to straighten the tower, including taking it apart stone by stone and rebuilding it at a different location. In the 1920s its foundations were injected with cement grouting that has stabilized it to some extent. Until recent years, tourists were not allowed to climb the staircase inside the tower, due to consolidation work. But now, the Leaning Tower of Pisa is open again and it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Italy. Please contact our office for more information about the tickets.
- Accademia Gallery
- Duomo, Baptistry and Giotto's Bell Tower
- Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio
- The Leaning tower of Pisa
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience.
We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed. Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private air conditioned vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo D&T di Melaragno Daniele P.I.10399501005 con Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15.Assicurazione Allianz Polizza Numero 198630
E-mail: email@example.com - www.driverandtours.it - Tel. (+39) 0661522395 - Fax (+39) 0661532259 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283