You will be greeted at the port of Trapani by your driver and head for a 40 minute drive to Segesta. This is one of the most spectacular archeological sites of Sicily founded by the Elymian population, refugees from destroyed Troy, before the arrival of the Greeks in Sicily. Segesta's ancient Greek temple can make a valid claim to being the best preserved in the world, and its amphitheatre boasts a hilltop position on Mount Barbaro second to none. Kindly take note that the admission fees are not included in the rate and should be paid on site (approx.10.00 euro per person)
Board the car again and after a 45 minute ride you will reach Erice, a small medieval town with a population of a few hundred inhabitants that grows considerably during summer periods. Located on the summit of the Mount, Erice was once dominated by the Elimi that gave the village its ancient name Erix and who founded the temple dedicated to Venus, goddess of love and fertility. The village, surrounded by cyclopean walls, is characterized by stone paths adorned with trees, plants and flowers that give the center a magical and enchanted atmosphere. Its large and spectacular view is breathtaking: from Erice, Trapani can be seen with its characteristic sickle shape and Monte Cofano with Custonaci at its feet . The town is also famous for its delicious almond cookies and marzipan, lovely ceramics and colorful rag rugs.
On the way back to the ship, make a quick stop in Trapani, a place renowned for its fine seafood and Sicilian cuisine, and try some of the local delicacies while admiring the medieval architecture of the old town.
- Segesta's ancient Greek temple
- Fortified village of Erice
- Delightful local cuisine
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283