Meet your driver/guide at the port and start your journey with a 30 minute ride to Marsala, famous around the world for the salt production and the dessert wine that carries the town's name. Invented by a noble Englishman in 1770, who realized that this wine could travel long without going off if fortified with alcohol, Marsala wine is unique thanks to the dark amber color with a rich, smoky flavor, that varies from sweet to dry. Here you will have a chance to visit the oldest wine makers of the area: Cantine Pellegrino.
After wine tasting, you will stroll through the ancient village visiting the area where Garibaldi, the hero of Italian liberation and unification, landed. Try not to forget Marsala is the closest point of Italy to North Africa, just 85 miles away.
The tour continues with a stop by the seaside to discover a centuries-old tradition for harvesting salt. Hot African winds, long, sun-drenched summer days and shallow coastal waters..... the perfect recipe for salt-making, thought the Phoenicians some 2,700 years ago. Today, the very same conditions are still being put to good use in the salt pans between Trapani and Marsala. Colorful windmills make this area one of the most spectacular coastlines in Sicily.
On the way back to the ship, make a quick stop in Trapani, a place renowned for its fine seafood and Sicilian cuisine, and try some of the local delicacies while admiring the medieval architecture of the old town.
- Visit of the salt pans
- Marsala wine tasting
- A taste of the local delicacies
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283