The Amalfi Coast is the most visually stunning coastline in Europe, delivering a magical combination of breathtaking landscapes and legendary historical sites.The coastal road begins after Sorrento, runs through Positano, the fishing villages of Praiano, Furore and Conca dei Marini, and continues until it reaches Amalfi, the capital of the once maritime republic known as the Duchy of Amalfi.
Scattered with bars and cafés, not to mention the many shops selling limoncello, casual clothing, swimwear, gifts, basic groceries, and of course, ceramics, Amalfi delights all visitors. However, if one would like to see more than just shops, Amalfi has some interesting sights to explore: the most spectacular cathedral along the coast, the paper factory and its museum. There are also some highly recommended local restaurants, such as Lido Azzuro, Ciccio Cielo Mare e Terra or Il Pesce d'oro, that serve only local cuisine (in particular, fish); for the more refined type, you can try the restaurant La Caravella that holds one Michelin star.
A slow uphill drive along a very narrow road passing several wineries and olive factories, leads to Ravello, a rural village unspoilt by tourism, perched on a cliff overlooking the sea. Ravello's breathtaking views, natural beauty and ancient monuments are presented at their best in the gardens of Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo. In high season, these gardens inebriate visitors with the sweet scents of blooming flowers and lemon trees and captivate the eye with their bright colours. There are also many classical concerts held in the gardens of Villa Rufolo, located just off the main square of Ravello; tickets costly approximately Euro 20,00 each. You may visit the main cathedral and the history museum sheltered in its basement or stroll down Via Roma, a road scattered with small boutiques, traditional local restaurants with a cuisine quite different from those close to the sea; Cosimo, Da Salvatore, Villa Maria, Villa Amore are all exceptional.
- Spectacular landscapes and architecture
- Delighful local cuisine
- Time at leisure to shop and explore
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283