This service is aimed at our guests who would like to get a taste of the Rome's highlights after their airport pickup and before hotel drop-off. Your private English speaking driver will be waiting for you just as you clear cutstoms and after a 30-minute drive you will arrive to the city's business district known as EUR, acronym of Esposizione Universale di Roma, a world fair which was supposed to take place in 1942 but never happend due to Second World War.
The first stop will be at the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, the second largest papal basilica of Rome after St. Peter's, but the only one which has maintained the original architecture. Built on the tomb of St. Paul, the Apostle, in 324 AD ,enlarged and embellished with beautiful works of art and mosaics throughout the centuries, this basilica rose to fame for it being the home of a long series of medallions which depict all the popes in history. Time will be given to admire its impressive architecture and catch a glimpse of the lovely rose garden and 13th-century cloister, distinguished by twin spiral columns inlaid with rich glass mosaics, characteristic of the Romanesque style.
Your tour will continue with a drive by some of the city's highlights starting with the Pyramid of Cestius, a funerary monument built in the 1st century BC for Gaius Cestius, a magistrate who had very likely served in the Roman campaigns against Egypt.
Next you will have a chance to take a picture of the Emperors' Palace on the Palatine Hill and let your imagination drift back in time, as you stand on the brim of Circus Maximus, Rome's largest venue for public games and chariot races. The Colosseum will afterwards show ifself in all its greatness, before you head to Piazza Venezia, the central hub of the city, and the road of the Imperial Fora, lined with bronze staues of some of the greatest Roman emperors and impressive ruins of ancient monuments.
No tour is complete without a quick stop at the Trevi fountain, the largest and most famous baroque fountain in the city. Throwing coins into the fountain has become a ritual among the thousands of visitors who want to ensure their return to Rome. Finally, your driver will take you to your hotel to relax before you begin your in-depth visit of the city.Read about the site
- Private transfer from the Airport
- The Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls and the Trevi Fountain
- Drive by the Colosseum, the Palatine Hill, Piazza Venezia and the Imperial Fora
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Our driver will be waiting for you 45 minutes after your flight has landed holding a sign with your name. Please collect your luggage at the belt and exit the customs area through the sliding doors. That is where our driver will be waiting for you.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle with pick up at the airport and drop off at your hotel
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283