As you leave Rome driving North along the Highway of the Sun, you will cross the regions of Lazio and Umbria before reaching you destination: Florence. City of Etruscan-Roman origins, it flourished in the Middle Ages as a free comune. Further refined and enriched by the Medici rule, Florence was the cradle of the Italian Renaissance.
Florence is overwhelming in its wealth of art, culture and history. As you approach it, you will stop in Piazzale Michelangelo for an overview of the town's tile roofs, steeples and domes. Re-board your van and drive to the Accademia Gallery, Europe's first school of drawing founded in mid 16th century, to see several masterpieces including Michelangelo's statue of David.
Afterwards, proceed to the very heart of Florence and stop in the Cathedral square to view the Duomo, the Baptistry and Giotto's Bell Tower.The impact and magnitude of the Cathedral are overwhelming. This splendid building adorned with green, red and white marble houses priceless works of art including Michelangelo's Deposition.
Continue through some of Florence's most elegant streets to the city's largest square Piazza della Signoria. This was the old center of Florentine life. View the Uffizi Gallery building in the form of a horseshoe extending from Piazza della Signoria to the Arno river. The Uffizi consists of 44 rooms housing paintings of Cimabue, Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in the piazza, then visit the elegant Ponte Vecchio meaning 'old bridge'. It is home to gold and jewerly vendors and, if time permits, you may go shopping before heading to the Basilica of Santa Croce. This 13th century church is the burial place of some of the most illustrious Italians, such as Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Rossini, and it is also known for its frescoes by masters such as Giotto, Gaddi and Taddeo.
Proceed the drive to the north through the Appenine hills to romantic Venice where the tour will end.
Read about the site
- Accademia Gallery or the Uffizi Museum (tickets not included)
- Duomo, Baptistry and Giotto's Bell Tower
- Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle with pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283