As you leave Rome driving South along the Highway of the Sun, you will cross the regions of Lazio and Campania before you reach Pompeii. Ironically, one of the ancient world's worst disasters generated one of the most amazing archaeological sites ever. In Pompeii you will experience life as it was in the 1st century AD. In fact, with the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD the city was buried 20 feet below ashes and lava until excavations began in the 18th century.
Once on site you will have 2 hours to tour on foot, gaining an insight into the lives of ancient Romans as you stroll past baths, heaters, temples, markets and forums. The pathways are endless and the buildings fascinating. Some of the recovered houses still contain the original marble decoration, well preserved frescoes and splendid mosaics making this a unique archaeological site.
On request, we can hire a licensed guide in Pompeii, for a 2-hour walking tour at an additional cost of 120.00 euro.
Admission fee for the archaeological site costs 11.00 euro per person and it is not included.
- Pompeii ruins
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Pompeii is not completely wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle with pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283