Day 1 - Transfer to San Giovanni Rotondo and Visit of the Shrine of Padre Pio
YMeet your driver at your hotel in Rome and set out for an amazing journey that will take you through the spectacular countryside of Southern Italy crossing the regions of Lazio , Abruzzo, and Puglia. The first stop will be the shrine of Padre Pio, one of Italy's most Sacred Catholic Pilgrimage sites. Executed in simple wood and local stone as a reminder of the saintís simplicity, the Padre Pio Pilgrimage Shrine has been described as the second-largest in the world after St. Peterís Basilica in Rome, seating 8,000 people, with room for 30,000 standing on the parvis outside. People from all around the world gather in prayer in front of the Saint's body to ask for blessings and miracles.
The day will end with a transfer to your accommodation in town.
Day 2 - Visit of the Sanctuary of Monte Sant'Angelo and Transfer to Rome
Today your driver will pick you up at your accommodation and take you to the Sanctuary of Monte Sant'Angelo, the oldest shrine in Western Europe dedicated to the archangel Michael. Dating back to the 5th - 6th centuries it is the site where the devotion to the Archangel Michael began. The original grotto of San Michele is said to have been consecrated by the archangel and is the only church not consecrated by human hands. The Lombards, who at that time dominated in Southern Italy, made it their national shrine and it quickly became renowned throughout Christianity and a destination, not only for pilgrims from all over Europe, but also for the Crusaders departing for Jerusalem, for Popes and Kings.
After the visit, head back to your accommodation in Rome for a roughly 4.5 hours drive.
- Padre Pio Pilgrimage Shrine
- Sanctuary of Monte Sant'Angelo
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience. We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed.
Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulders.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Transportation with an English speaking driver in a comfortable vehicle for both days
- Gas tolls, parking fees and driverís boarding included
- Admission fees
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283