Start your small group day trip meeting the other participants in Florence. Driving to the south direction, along one of the most scenic wine roads in the world that winds between olive groves and vineyards, you will reach Greve in Chianti, the most representative village of the Chianti Classico countryside, birthplace of the famous Tuscan explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano, the man who discovered the New York Harbor.
Here, you will have some free time to admire the attractive main square and do some shopping at its famed local shops housed under graceful porticoes.
Following the main wine road and driving through idyllic sceneries, you will reach a selected hilltop winery, where a wine expert is waiting for you to share his knowledge and passion about wine with all of the facts and anecdotes behind this product, so important for the region.
Start an informative guided tour of the old wine cellars where you will learn all of the secrets to make a very good and genuine wine; for those very interested in, this is the perfect chance to satisfy all of their curiosities. After the visit it is the right time to eat and drink to better understand the real country hospitality; you will taste assorted cold cuts, cured ham, salami, cheeses, bruschetta, pasta (usually handmade pasta), and dessert, accompanied by the winery's own excellent wines (3/4 different wines) and Vin Santo (dessert wine).
After lunch, relax and enjoy a short ride through the hills of Chianti Classico, surrounded by vineyards, olive and cypress trees, before heading to a second winery where you will visit the property and you will taste their products such as wine, olive oil etc.
The second stop represent a very good chance to have a more complete overview about the Tuscan wines, and better understand the difference between the products and the philosophy of two wine makers of this area. You will be back in Florence in the afternoon.
Vegetarian menu can be catered for, upon specific request at time of booking
Please note that this is not a private tour and it departs from here.
DEPARTURES: April 2016 to October 2016
9:00am (check in 10 minutes earlier)
Tour Runs Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday
DEPARTURES: November 2016 to March 2017
9:00am Monday - Tuesday - Thursday
MAX # OF PARTICIPANTS: 16 people
MIN # OF PARTICIPANTS TO RUN THE TOUR: 4 people
MEETING/DEPARTURE POINT: Florence city center - Via Calimala corner with Via Porta Rossa, close to the news stand and the Puma store.
- Group size limited to MAX 16 participants: NO crowds, NO rush and more personalized experience.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- A fun and informative English speaking driver to lead you through the day.
- Transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped vehicle (Mercedes Benz or similar make)
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- Free time in Greve, a quaint Tuscan village in the Chianti Classico area.
- Visit to 2 wineries, including guided tour of the wine cellars, tasting of great wines, olive oil, and more.
- Delicious lunch at the first winery accompanied by a selection of top wines.
- A booklet about the wines of Tuscany
- Gratuities (not mandatory and entirely at the client's discretion).
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283