This tour is designed for guests who wish to spend the day in the relaxing atmosphere of the baths of Saturnia. After disembarking the ship you will proceed on a 1-hour drive north through the Roman and Tuscan countryside to the legendary Saturnia.
An ancient legend tells of how the Roman god Saturn, furious with human beings for how often they fighted and discussed , hurled a bolt of lightning to earth, forming a crater from which some tepid water began to gush. This legendary place, well known to the Etruscans and the ancient Romans for its regenerating powers, still exists today.
It is Saturnia, where sulphurous water at a constant temperature of 37 Celsius ( approximately 98.6 Fahrenheit) rises from the thermal springs and provides therapeutic properties together with extraordinary sensations. Whoever steps into this water can never forget the feeling of well-being, relaxation and calm given by the warmth that surrounds your body and the way one's mind relaxes in contact with the sweet unique atmosphere of the Maremma area in Tuscany.
People can come to Saturnia all year round and reap the benefits, but, obviously, some periods are more suitable than others. When the weather begins to be, or is still quite good, Saturnia is as its best. Even if the outdoor temperature is a little low, people feel fine in the water. All you need is a bathrobe for when you come out. Also, there are not so many people and you have the possibility to enjoy the thermal water with some privacy. Therefore, the main season is from March to October included. The place is ideal for relaxing among the green surroundings, going on excursions, visiting rural culture centres (agriturismo) and good eating; the Maremma is in a central location that allows you to reach archaeological sites such as Pitigliano ,Sorano Sovana in about one hour.
- Luxury Spa
- Travel through the countryside
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience.
We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed. Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehichle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees (25.00 Euros)
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283