This tour is perfect for those who wish to take in the flavours and history of Etruscan Italy and enjoy the taste of typical italian products. Drive along the country roads through the lush landscapes for an hour ride to Orvieto.
Orvieto is perched on a plateau of tufo rock (soft volcanic rock) that was once an island in the sea that covered the Paglia valley below. Here you will have time to explore one of the finest Duomos in Italy, a gem of Gothic architecture and take an hour long tour of the underground city with its winding tunnels and Etruscan artefacts. This tour allows you to explore 3000 years of history by following the ancient passageways, tunnels, stairs and hidden rooms. Another important stop is St. Patrick's Well. Commissioned by Pope Clement VII who sought refuge here during the sack of Rome, this 203 feet deep well boasts double spiralled staircases for easier access to the water.
After exploring this charming town with amazing views you will head to Civita Bagnoregio, an almost deserted town accessible only by a foot bridge. With only 25-50 inhabitants it resembles a ghost town. Here you can stroll the narrow streets and marvel at the existence of a place where time stopped several hundreds of years ago.
Returning to Civitavecchia, catch a glimpse of a spectacular panorama of Lake Bolsena from Montefiasacone town and visit the church of S. Flaviano where the founder of the wine Est Est Est is buried! We can replace Orvieto with a visit to Tuscania or Tarquinia instead.
Due to a mud slide the road to the bridge has been closed , so the only way to get there is walk for about 400 meters.
- Orvieto Cathedral
- Scenic countryside views
- Beauty of Medieval towns
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience.
We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed. Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private air conditioned vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo Driver & Tours di Driverinrome Societa' Cooperativa a R.L.
Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15. Partita Iva 13627291001
Tel. (+39) 066244373 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283