This tour has been designed for those guests who wish to enjoy a complete overview of Rome. You will have the opportunity to drive where large buses are not permitted, allowing you to see more, walk less and capture the "best of Rome".
The starts at the Vatican after a 90 minute-drive from the pier. Explore the richest storehouse of art in the entire world: the Vatican Museums. Walk through the Tapestries and Geographical Maps Galleries, the Candelabra Gallery and the magnificent Raphael Rooms that lead to the 15th century Sistine Chapel which holds an invaluable collection of masterpieces such as Michelangelo's ceiling painting of the "Creation of the World".
Enter the vast expanse of St. Peter's Square through Bernini's colonnades into Christendom's largest church resting on 800 pillars and housing 44 altars. See the gilded Papal Canopy suspended over the altar where the Pope celebrates mass, the splendid gilt-bronze throne in the apse and one of the best known pieces of sculpture in the world - the Pieta, Michelangelo's masterpiece in marble.
Please note that if mass is taking place in the Basilica, the entrance may be restricted. Another thing that you should consider when planning a visit is that the Museums are closed on Saturday afternoon and Sunday (except for the last Sunday of the month) . In these cases the itinerary may be altered to accommodate local conditions.
The tour then goes to Piazza Venezia known for the Victor Emanuel Monument also called the "wedding cake" and for the building that was Mussolini's headquarters. Climb the steps of the Capitoline hill and enjoy a beautiful panorama of the Roman Forum with the Rostrum where Mark Anthony made his impassioned speech over the body of Julius Cesar.
Eat in a fine restaurant and enjoy lunch with plenty home-made wine. Stop at the most beautiful fountain in the world: Trevi. Drive by the famous Spanish Steps where the finest shopping street is. Walk through Piazza Navona and do not forget to try the chocolate tartufo gelato. Visit then the imposing structure dated 27 B.C. called Pantheon where the great painter Raphael is buried.
Last stop will be in the most fascinating monument in Rome, a place where 50.000 people could assist to cruel battles between gladiators and wild beasts: the Colosseum. Drive by the impressive Arch of Costantine on your return to the ship by 5:00 pm.
Please note that the order of the sights visited may vary according to local conditions and opening hours.
We would recommend adding the extra service of a private guide in the Vatican and getting fast track tickets for the Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum. Please contact our office for more information.
- Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Pantheon
- Pick up and drop off at the ship
- Ancient Roman buildings
Complete information including our phone numbers, meeting time and place are included in your confirmation voucher.
Please give your voucher to the driver at the end of the tour. We hand select our drivers and tour guides in order to give you the ultimate experience.
We would love to hear from you after your tour is completed . Your feedback is very important to us so please Send email
- This tour includes a professional informative English-speaking driver. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers cannot walk with you into any site but can answer any question you have from the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Keep an eye on your wallet and purses at all time. Do not wear jewelry or carry large amount of cash.
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Pick up and drop off at the port
- Guaranteed return to the pier on time
- Flexible itinerary
- Admission fees if not mentioned
- Tips to driver and guide ( please read below for more information)
Tips are never included in our quotes.
I think that a tip shouldn't be included in the rate otherwise it would be a tax.
Tip only if you really liked the service.
Tips are a personal gesture and are given whenever the client feels it is necessary.
Tips are generally: 10% not bad - 15 % great - 20 % best tour in my life. Please report any abuse.
In Associazione con Agenzia di Viaggio e Turismo D&T di Melaragno Daniele P.I.10399501005 con Licenza rilasciata dalla Provincia di Roma Numero 32888/15.Assicurazione Allianz Polizza Numero 198630
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.driverandtours.it - Tel. (+39) 0661522395 - Fax (+39) 0661532259 - US number (315) 544-0496 - Whatsapp: (0039)392 4468283